Our exciting new world class College building not only makes an impact on the landscape but also on the learning and development for the local community in Redhill.
The College’s reputation as the leading vocational College in East Surrey has been confirmed by Ofsted in the 2009 report which gave an overall grade of ‘Good’. The new iconic building and resources will help as we strive for ‘Outstanding’ and to be the flagship vocational College in the South East.
First Class Facilities
The state-of-the art building includes outstanding resources for you to learn and practice skills in a wide range of vocational areas, and incorporates the first class teaching and facilities of the Reigate School of Art, Design & Media (RSADM).
The new College building provides a safe, secure, inclusive environment with improved access directly off the A23 London Road in Redhill.
In addition to the outstanding teaching and learning resources within each curriculum area you will have access to a stylish two-storey Learning Resource Centre for personal and group studies plus a range of other exciting features including:
- Modern leisure facilities including a sports hall with range of court options including basketball, five-a-side football and badminton Well equipped fitness room
- The Winter Garden, a large enclosed atrium incorporating a stylish café
- Access to monthly journals
- Brand new Mac suites
- Industry standard TV & recording studio (used by the BBC)
- Landscaped Summer Gardens
Students and staff are encouraged to use public transport, cycle or walk where possible. Cycle racks are available. There is limited car parking which is controlled through parking permits. Information on the permit scheme is available from Client Services.
The College is a non-smoking campus and smoking is not permitted anywhere on the sites or car parks. To safeguard the health of all students and staff, smoking is strongly discouraged and help is available to assist you in giving up.
As you would expect in a new educational building, great care has been taken in the design to ensure that the building meets demanding environmental and sustainability requirements. Some of the features incorporated include:
• Rainwater harvesting – enabling stored rainwater to be reused
• A bio-mass boiler which will generate approx 70% of energy required
• A green roof using sedum plants to insulate, absorb rainwater and encourage biodiversity
• Cooling through chilled beams and natural ventilation
YOUR COLLEGE, YOUR FUTURE
East Surrey College is changing to meet your demands for a quality vocational learning environment. We want to share in your vision and help you achieve your goals.