Discover powerful new ways to adapt and grow your business through higher level skills and innovative development opportunities.
East Surrey College is working with the University of Brighton and Central Sussex College to bring a new, highly flexible approach to Higher Education and the way we offer our services so that you can benefit from cost-effective, efficient improvements to your staff and business performance.
In collaboration with the Gatwick Diamond Initiative research has taken place on the needs and aspirations of businesses in the area, with many organisations of all sizes and types visited to discuss the issues that are most important to you, so that we can be ready to help you innovate and grow. Results show the key issues include workforce development at a time and place to fit around the needs of your business, routes into higher education for those who have not studied for a while and innovative ways to develop and gain competitive advantage.
East Surrey College are working in collaboration with the University of Brighton and Central Sussex College to offer a wide range of higher level part-time courses to support your workforce, delivered at a time and place that is convenient to you.
This high quality education meets the demanding needs of modern industry across a wide range of sectors, and allows students to practise their skills in realistic work environments. Learners develop their career prospects whilst maintaining their existing commitments, and saving money on travel at the same time.
Our dedicated staff can advise you on available training, help you maximise funding opportunities, and exploit the employer services that are on offer.
Higher Education courses 2013-14
The new Higher Education guide for 2013-14 has now been launched. Click on the thumbnail image to view the course guide in a magazine layout or download your copy here.
Higher National Certificate in Commercial Photography
- Higher National Diploma in Graphic Design and Illustration
- Higher National Diploma in Photography
- Higher National Diploma in Music Production
- Higher National Diploma in Theatrical, Media and Special Effects Make-up
Business & Computing
- Higher National Certificate in Business
- Business Foundation Degree
- BSc Business Top-up
- Higher National Certificate in Computing and Systems Development
- Higher National Certificate in Construction
- Higher National Diploma in Construction
- Higher National Certificate in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Higher National Certificate in Vehicle Operations Management
- Early Years Care & Education Foundation Degree
Travel and Aviation
- Foundation Degree in FDA Aviation Management
- Foundation Degree in Travel & Tourism Management
- Higher National Certificate in Sport & Exercise Sciences
- Certificate in Human Resource Management CIPD - Level 4 & 5
- CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing - Level 4
- Management & Leadership - Level 5
- AAT Accounting Diploma - Level 4
- Therapeutic Counselling - Level 4
Our popular courses include:
• Engineering HND (full or part-time – fully modular)
• Engineering HNC (part-time – fully modular)
• Early Childhood foundation degree
• Technical Salon Management City & Guilds Higher Professional Certificate/Diploma
• Leadership for Health and Social Care and Young People's Services
• Institute of Hospitality Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (unit or whole qualification – roll on/roll off).
Our range of professional courses includes:
• CIPD Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel and Development
• CMI Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership
• AAT/ ACCA accounting courses
• CIPS Foundation and Advanced Diplomas in Purchasing and Supply
• IOM Diploma in Operations Management
• CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing
• New for 2012/13 we will be offering a one-year Engineering top-up degree in partnership with the University of Brighton.
A full list of HE courses is available at www.centralsussex.ac.uk.
Services for business from the University of Brighton
The University of Brighton offers highly flexible, employer focused higher-level training and staff development to suit your particular workforce’s needs. We can also work with you to quality assure your own in-house learning programmes.
Find out more about workforce development including:
• Flexible graduate certificate in management
• Quality assurance for your in-house courses
• Custom-made courses to suit your business needs
Other development opportunities:
• Research and development, either on a contract basis, or in partnership with you
• Innovation management training
• Student and graduate recruitment
Education advice for individuals
The Leaning Opportunities website provides a wealth of information about higher education here in the southeast, with a focus on enhancing your career and employment prospects. It is useful for anyone who is employed, about to join the workforce or hoping to get back to work.
Find out more at www.brighton.ac.uk/business
Find out more at www.learning-opportunities.org.uk
Start-up and enterprise advice
The Learning Opportunities website also includes resources for people interested in starting or growing their business in the Gatwick Diamond area. Information includes getting started and finance and funding.