For many, East Surrey College is their local source of Higher Education. We are committed to providing the local community with first class learning and development opportunities.
Studying a Higher Education course with us means you can develop your career prospects whilst maintaining your existing commitments, and save money on travel. Our Higher Education students have excellent success rates, whether they choose to continue their study at a higher level, progress into employment or to higher positions at work.
We pride ourselves on the close, supportive community that exists at East Surrey College and we work hard to ensure that each of our students feels like an individual, not just a face in the crowd, benefitting from highly personalised learning and the use of different teaching methods such as experimentation, active participation and focussed study to ensure that everyone stays motivated and inspired.
As a highly respected vocational College, we recognise the importance of ensuring that all courses meet the demanding training standards of modern industry. All aspects of delivery are regularly checked and training is tailored to the future careers of students.
Our dedicated staff work tirelessly to develop links with businesses and professional organisations in order to ensure students leave us with a current and relevant range of skills, with many participating and succeeding in industry-driven placements and competitions.
The high quality of Higher Education offered at the College is supported by the 2012 report from the Higher Education Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), in successive External Examiner reports, and in the recent University of Brighton Partner Review.
The QAA report compliments the responsiveness to student feedback, the comprehensive support the College offers, and the employability skills that are embedded into courses. The quality of the teaching staff and their strong industry experience is also regularly highlighted. Click here to view the full report
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING HIGHER EDUCATION AT COLLEGE?
- Smaller class sizes, meaning more individual attention and support
- Opportunities to study at Level 4 and above nearer to home and/or work
- Lower tuition fees than universities
- Classes are all timetabled on the same day(s) allowing for work and/or child care to be organised around them
- More flexible entry requirements than university (although students must perform well to gain access to top-up years and Honours Degree programmes)
FACILITIES AT ESC
We continue to invest in creating a world-class vocational learning environment. Our contemporary building enables us to deliver unparalleled learning opportunities in a wide range of vocational areas, allowing our students to practise their skills in a realistic work environment. This continued investment in our resources enables East Surrey College to keep up to date with the cutting edge of professional practice.
The fantastic College building, arranged around a large enclosed atrium, fosters an inclusive and unified community of students with access to all the resources necessary for a positive college experience. Features include:
- Landscaped Summer gardens
- Stylish cafe and handy shop
- A well equipped fitness suite (free to use) and sports hall with a range of court options
- Fully equipped studios for a range of disciplines at Reigate School of Art
- Professional Escape Hair, Beauty & Spa Salons and Theatrical, Media and Special Effects Make-Up studios
- Well equipped engineering and construction workshops
- The Learning Resource Centre with space for both individual and group study, as well as a small area dedicated for Higher Education students, is available to support taught lessons, whilst subject specific facilities allow you to hone your practical skills in a realistic modern professional environment.
There is a no smoking policy at the College and smoking is not permitted on any of the College sites, including car parks.
We encourage you to come and see our excellent facilities by attending one of our scheduled Open Events, where you will have an opportunity to speak to our lecturers and see the amazing work that our Higher Education students produce. View the dates for up coming Open Events and pre-register here - or simply turn up on the day.